What we know
Mental, emotional, and physical health influence how we feel,
Due to their changing brains, bodies, and rapidly transitioning social environment, our teens are increasingly susceptible
Also, it is almost impossible for the younger generation to feel connected, purposeful, empowered, understood, accepted, protected, loved, and confident due to various circumstances described below:
- Limiting options and rights given to our educators in our school systems.
- Underpaid educators with over-populated classrooms.
- Unproductive and unhealthy use of modern technology.
- Modern social media disconnecting our most vital and natural need for survival: human connection and interaction.
- Media messages effectively enforcing and encouraging:
- addiction for short-lived pleasures and fame,
- acceptance and love gained through materialistic possessions.
- Pharmaceutical companies overmedicating, interrupting, mutating, and numbing the natural process of growth of our youth.
- Every 100 minutes a teen takes her/his own life.
- Suicide is the third-leading cause of death for young people ages 11 to 24.
- About 20 % of all teens experience depression before they reach adulthood.
Only 30% of depressed teens are being treated for it and ask for help.
What we have done about it
At Beyond Development, we acknowledge that every teen is influenced by her/his environment. We also understand that in order to make any type of positive change possible in their current state, they must make new choices and accept change. Different choices require them to move out of their comfort zone and towards the future. And most often,
At Beyond Development, it is in our highest commitment and passion to provide teens with the skills, tools, and direction that allows space for growth, awareness, clarity, purpose, passion, achievement, success, and ultimate happiness. We believe in building communities of compassionate influencers and leaders, and not laborers.
We believe that it is also our duty as the older generation to meet their needs by providing our younger generation the skills and tools necessary to overcome challenges as they enter adulthood in our rapidly changing society.
With such skills and tools gained through Beyond Development, our teens will have the ability to properly:
- Cope and overcome their emotional as well as mental challenges independently.
- Evaluate social media and mass media messages sent to them.
- Use modern technology and social media to their benefit.
- Work together as a united team in their schools and communities.
- Establish healthy relationships with themselves and others.
- Connect with their inner self and achieve their highest potential.
- Gain purpose, positive attitude, self-worth, and self-confidence.
- Build their communities.
- Accept change and make a difference for others.
Beyond Development comprehensive and transformative program uses principles of life-coaching integrated with Quantum Theory and incorporated in practice of:
- Music and Sound
- Breathing exercises
- Skill Building and Discovery
- Emotional and mental management techniques
- Goal Setting Techniques
- Relationship building techniques, and so much more!
How it works
Beyond DevelopmentTM is constructed as a self-guided transformative program to use at home, in school, and at any location worldwide 24hours per day. Teens will have access to this program via our app on designated iPads in schools, through our online program (BeyondDevelopment.org), and physical workbooks. We are also able to easily integrate our program with most other existing systems that schools already use to facilitate similar programs such as ours.
Also, Beyond DevelopmentTM is a self-guided program designed to be simple and easily applicable. Our educators can implement these tools in their classrooms during academic hours, in their after-school programs, and assign desired sessions as homework.
Guardians and helping professionals can also provide and implement our program to their teens with productive results, as it is a self-guided program. This way, your teens have access to our program if their school is not offering Beyond Development.
Sediqa Amed is passionately interested in transformation, psychology, and neuroscience. Her background in Nuclear Medicine Technology, molecular science, energetic medicine, and leadership grounds her work as a transformational leader.
Using neuroscience integrated with psychology, Sediqa is able to instruct as well as coach individuals ways of achieving ultimate fulfillment, self-realization, connection, love, and success!
- Bachelors of Science: Molecular and Cell Biology ( California State University, Fullerton)
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist Program: Harbor UCLA
- Tony Robbins Leadership Academy
- Life Coaching Institute of Orange County