Becoming Aware and Releasing Negativity
Individual and Group
We recommend practicing this activity at least 3 times a week.
|Other helpful topics to use this activity for
Becoming Aware and Releasing Negativity is a quantum-based meditation for a general release of stress, anger, and tension. It also gives you the opportunity to practice self-awareness. Self-awareness makes you aware of your beliefs, thoughts, and language patterns. This way, awareness helps you determine which views and words are helping you feel better and which ones make you feel bad. And naturally from that place of awareness, you can then make a decision which beliefs and behaviors you would like to keep in order to grow and improve yourself.
When you first begin this meditation process, you may feel your mind wandering, certain parts of your body feeling uncomfortable, thoughts distracting you, twitching, etc. These are all completely normal and natural reactions in the beginning. When you find yourself experiencing discomfort or distracted in any way, bring your attention to your breathing. With enough practice, you’ll become an expert at this! Until then, only do what you can and keep returning your attention to your breathing. When breathing, remember that with each inhalation, fill your lungs to capacity, expanding your belly and diaphragm to take in as much air as possible. Then slowly exhale, gently contracting the muscles in your abdomen to remove every last bit of air through your nose.
Location: Choose a space with a minimum of distractions. If possible, make the area dim. If using this mindfulness process at home, choose a private place in the house where you could return to practicing this meditation all the time. There’s no problem with background noises or music in your location, just as long as you hear it more so as background noise rather than active noise that you find distracting. As you continue to develop your practice, your ability to tune out background sounds will likely improve. One day noises that you find distracting may become completely unnoticed.
Position: Sit upright/straight on your chair with your feet touching the ground or limbs crossed (Indian style) on the floor. You can grab your headphones if you have them. If not, play this meditation on your electronic device so that you can get the best sound system.
Gentle reminder: This is a guided mindfulness activity using audio and video. You do not need to print or read the following instructions. The steps to this activity are provided to you in written form, only should you wish to read through them voluntarily. In other words, reading the following activity instructions and steps are optional. They are written in ‘casual’ and ‘conversation’ language in which it was recorded.
- Tap the top of your head three times with your right hand: you are acknowledging and activating your mind/brain energy.
- Tap the center of your chest with your left hand: you are acknowledging/activating your heart energy.
- Squeeze the center of both of your hands and your fingers: you are acknowledging/activating the energy of your ‘giving- and receiving’ hands.
- Place your hands on your lap with palms facing up.
- Close your eyes.
- Put your tongue on the roof of your mouth/ your pallet behind your front teeth.
- Remember to breathe through your nose the entire time, expanding your belly and exhaling all the air out.
- Take 3 deep breaths (count them).
- Now, imagine WARM, bright white-green light covering the room. The bright white, green light is moving down and covering the entire ceiling, walls, windows.
- Imagine there is a waterfall of bright white-green light with sparkles of gold, reaching the top of your head. Its temperature is warm and soothing. The little gold sparkles are tingling top of your head, ears, back of your head.
- Allow this bright while green light to fill the top of your head, back of your head.
- Allow the soothing warmth of this bright light green light cover your eyes, forehead, cheeks, jaw, the back of your head, your front neck, and back neck.
- Take a long deep breath with this bright white-green light. In through your nose as you Inhale it and watch it exhale through your nose in your mind’s eye.
- Watch your negative thoughts float away. Watch the back of your head releasing these rays of bright while green light.
- Take a slow deep breath and move the bright white-green light down to your shoulders, in between your shoulder blades, under your arms, your elbows, filling the outside and inside of your arms. Watch this bright white-green light letting out all this tension from the back of your neck, your shoulders, then out through your fingertips.
- Take a deep breath, and fill up your lungs, your ribs, your belly with bright white-green light… Exhale all the pressure, tension, pain from your chest.
- Take another deep breath with this bright green light and watch it release your anger, stress, anxiety, jealousy, sadness from your belly.
- Watch this brilliant white-green light move, flow, and absorb right under your ribs, covering everything below your ribs, like your liver on your right side and your spleen on your left side, the space between your ribs and hips: all releasing anger, addiction, depression.
- Put your attention on your entire stomach including your right and left side of your stomach, all the way to the back of your body, take three long deep breaths. Release all the hurtful comments made towards you and all the hurtful things you’ve intentionally and unintentionally done to others. Let all of that go. When you exhale, watch this bright white-green light floating away from your stomach, hips, and from the back of your body. (COUNT THREE DEEP breaths.)
- Now, allow this bright white-green light to move down to your hips, covering your hips, your genitals.
- Take a deep breath, inhale through your nose, exhale through your nose.
- All the bright green light to move down to your upper legs, your knees, your lower legs, calves, shins. Your legs feel heavy, warm, and tingling.
- Take a deep breath, in through your nose extend your stomach, out through your nose.
- Allow this bright white-green light down to your feet. Your feet and ankles are immersed and covered in warm green liquid light.
- Imagine the bright white-green light is growing roots out of the bottom of your feet into the ground… The roots are growing long and extending at least 20 feet below you into the soil of the earth.
- Feel your feet and legs completely pulled towards the ground.
- Your feet feel very dense, heavy, and relaxed.
- Take two deep breaths. (COUNT)
- Allow the bright green light to move higher now, up past your calves, and shins, to below your knees and rising over your thighs.
- As it surrounds your thighs, feel your hands immersed and covered in this warm, bright green light.
- Feel the warmth of this bright green light on your wrists and forearms.
- The light is moving up to your hips and lower back.
- The green light is rising all the way up to your waist, elbows.
- It’s covering your entire stomach and upper arms.
- Feel the warmth of the green light on your chest, back, across your shoulder blades.
- You are now feeling this warm light moving up to your neck.
- Feel the weight of this green light, making your body dense and heavy below.
- Take a deep breath. Relax your shoulders.
- Just let go. Just let go NOW.
- Sit still in this bright green light for a few minutes.
- Take three deep breaths, pay attention to your chest rising.
- Feel the ground below your feet.
- Now, imagine this bright white-green light being completely released out of your body and into an ocean.
- In your mind’s eyes, watch this bright white-green light exiting from the front of your body, back body, and out through the window it goes into an ocean.
- Repeat to yourself: “my entire body, front and back body, my hands, feet, legs, from my head down to my toes are clear of all negativity. I have released all the hurtful and painful experiences, people, words, feelings, thoughts, actions, and connections out of my body properly with love, compassion, and at no harm to others.
- Take two deep breaths, pay attention to your chest rising.
- Feel the ground below your feet.
- Wiggle your toes and hands.
- Open your eyes slowly.
- And move your body.
- Smile and look around you and smile again.