Self-confidence and Positive Attitude
Individual and Group
We recommend practicing this activity at least 3 times a week.
|Other helpful topics to use this activity for
Self-Confidence and Positive Attitude is a guided affirmation activity that motivates and inspires you to achieve your desires. Affirmations also remind you of what is important to you in your life right now. It is essential always to choose our words wisely, but especially crucial when we are doing affirmations. Our words are taken literally by our minds, more specifically by our subconscious mind. The subconscious mind takes our thoughts and words, memorizes and stores them as permanent habits. The subconscious mind also makes our intentions and desires real. So, we want to choose positive words and create positive intentions so that we can achieve better results in all areas of our lives.
Affirmations are simply positive statements that create transformation, self-improvement, positive attitude when they are consistently used. With affirmations, you merely state out loud what your goals and intentions are in becoming a positive person with positive results. Then, your subconscious mind memorizes and stores these positive words, thoughts, and emotions. Throughout the day, the subconscious mind will work to make such positive intentions possible and happen for you. Affirmations can also serve as inspiration as well as simple reminders. This way, they bring focus and self-discipline on goals throughout the day.
Position: For affirmations, we recommend standing up because it keeps you in a “motivated” and “excited” state. You can also do affirmations sitting down. For longer guided affirmations, you will be sitting down. Sit upright/straight on your chair with your feet touching the ground uncrossed, or limbs crossed (Indian style) on the floor. You can grab your headphones if you have them. If not, simply play these guided affirmations on your electronic device so that you can get the best sound system.
Gentle reminder: This is a guided affirmations activity using audio and video. You do not need to print or read the following instructions. The steps to this activity are provided to you in written form, only should you wish to read through them voluntarily. In other words, reading the following activity instructions and steps are optional. They are written in ‘casual’ and ‘conversation’ language in which it was recorded.
Thank you for choosing this activity for guided affirmations for raising self-confidence and cultivating a positive attitude in your life now. Affirmations are used to reprogram our subconscious mind, to encourage us to believe certain things about ourselves or about the world and our place within it. They are also used to help us create the reality we want to see in ourselves and in our lives.
Affirmations help become more in tune with your thoughts and how you feel about yourself. Affirmations help you tap into your subconscious mind and transform all your unhealthy habits. They allow you to have a clearer mind, bring focus, and will enable you to practice self-discipline so that you can have more joyful experiences in life.
You do not have to write anything down for this activity. You will be directly following my instructions.
When you are ready, take a seat in a safe, peaceful, comfortable, and quiet place.
- Tap the top of your head three times with your right hand: you are acknowledging and activating your mind/brain energy.
- Tap the center of your chest with your left hand: you are acknowledging/activating your heart energy.
- Squeeze the center of both of your hands and your fingers: you are acknowledging/activating the energy of your ‘giving- and receiving’ hands.
- Place your hands on your lap with palms facing up. Keep your legs uncrossed.
- Close your eyes.
- Take 3 deep breaths: Slowly inhale through your nose expanding your belly, exhale all the air out slowly through your mouth. (count them)
- And now, place your left hand on the middle of your chest. Using your index finger and middle finger in your right hand, gently tap three times your forehead. Rest your right hand on your lap facing up. And repeat after me:
A. Each day I notice I am more self-disciplined.
B. Being confident in myself comes naturally to me.
C. Creative energy flows through me and leads me to great ideas. (forehead and goals)
D. Each day I notice I am more self-discipline.
E. I accept myself unconditionally.
F. I accept others as they are and they, in turn, accept me as I am.
G. I acknowledge my own self-worth; my confidence is soaring.
H. I acknowledge my own self-worth. my self-confidence is rising.
- And now, with your index and middle finger, gently tap your solar plexus three times. Your solar plexus is located in the upper middle abdomen, slightly below the chest and breasts, on the same line as the belly button. After tapping your solar plexus, rest your right hand on your lap facing up. Repeat after me:A. Feeling good about myself is normal for me.
B. I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen.
C. I am certain and trust that things will always work out for me.
D. I am competent, smart and able.
E. I am confident that I can achieve anything.
F. I am confident. I trust myself.
G. I am flexible. I adapt to change quickly.
H. I am growing and changing for the better.
I. I am kind and loving. I am compassionate and genuinely care for others.
J. I am OK as I am. I accept and love myself.
K. I am safe. I am supported. I am protected.
- And now, with your index and middle finger, gently tap your heart three times. Your heart is located on the left side of your chest. After tapping on your heart, rest your right hand on your lap facing up. Repeat after me:A. Each day I am becoming more self-confident.
B. I am positive and optimistic. I believe things will always work out for the best.
C. A river of compassion washes away my anger and replaces it with love.
D. Happiness is a choice. I base my happiness on my own accomplishments and the blessings I’ve been given.
E. I am a magnet of love.
F. I am a powerhouse; I am indestructible.
G. I am a unique and a very special person.
H. I am a beautiful human being I feel great about myself and my life.
I. I am a work of art, cherished and admired.
J. I am abundant.
K. I accept myself unconditionally.
- And now, with your index and middle finger, gently tap your Liver three times. Your liver is located on your right side of the abdomen where the ribs end. After tapping on your heart, rest your right hand on your lap facing up. Repeat after me:A. I am calm and peaceful.
B. I am confident with my life plan and the way things are going.
C. I am courageous and I stand up for myself.
D. I am courageous. I am willing to act in spite of any fear.
E. I am deserving of happiness, love, peace, freedom, money, and anything else I desire.
F. I am doing the best I can with the knowledge and experience I have obtained so far.
G. I am energetic and enthusiastic. Confidence is my second nature.
H. I am exactly where I need to be.
I. I am focused and persistent. I will never quit.
J. I am free to make my own choices and decisions.
K. I am growing and learning each and every day.
L. I inhale confidence and exhale fear.
M. Today, I abandon my old habits and take up new, more positive ones.
- Using your index finger and middle finger in your right hand, gently tap three times you’re the space between your eyebrows. Rest your right hand on your lap facing up after you have finished tapping. And repeat after me:
A. Amazing opportunities exist for me in every aspect of my life.
B. Everything that is happening now is happening for my ultimate good.
C. Having respect for myself helps others to like and respect me.
D. I accept others as they are and they, in turn, accept me as I am.
E. I forgive those who have harmed me in my past and peacefully detach from them.
F. I give praise freely.
G. I have been given endless talents which I begin to utilize today.
H. I have everything I need within myself.
I. I have great ideas. I make useful contributions.
J. I have integrity. I am totally reliable. I do what I say.
K. I have much to celebrate about myself and my life.
L. I have something unique to offer the world.
M. I have the power to change my world.
N. I have the power to change myself.
O. I have or can quickly get all the knowledge I need to succeed.
P. I know I can achieve anything.
Q. I let go of negative self-talk.
R. I let go of negative thoughts and feelings about myself and others.
S. I let go of the negative feelings about myself and others and accept all that is good.
T. My mind is filled only with loving, healthy, positive, and prosperous thoughts.
Open your eyes and gently move your body. Take a few minutes to think about and reflect, or journal which statements felt more compelling to you. Maybe you could write a few down in your journal or record yourself on your own phone, so you can stay motivated and inspired to keep focus for your own greater good throughout the day.
Thank you for taking the time out of your day for this session. Have an enjoyable and productive day!